Saturday, March 7, 2026

 


Today a few of us went to a Church Ladies’ Tea Event. 

I am so thankful to the friend who invited us 

I had said I was coming and had already paid the $20 event fee, but later I started having different thoughts about it and honestly didn’t really want to go. 

I was even planning to tell my friend on our Friday night Bible Study that I wouldn’t be able to make it. But since I had offered to give rides to 2 ladies, I felt I shouldn’t cancel, so I decided to go.

I am so thankful that I did.


We were seated at a table with two ladies from the church. We had tea and food, and we watched a video series called “Finding Your Friends / Your People or something   


After that, we discussed questions like: How can we find our friends? How can we be there for one another? How can we be like the early church? How can we invite people into our lives?


For all those questions, our answer was the same: we already have a community. We are a group of people who break bread together like the early church, and regularly have fellowship. We do our spiritual lives together. We are there for one another and we open up to each other. Within the group, each person also has their closest friends with whom they can share the good, the bad, and the ugly. We go on cottage trips, hiking, and picnics. We are a community that truly loves one another.


They were amazed. One of the ladies even asked us to send her our group picture because she said she wanted to share our story with others. She was very touched.


So I want to thank my friend for inviting us.


I also want to thank all the wonderful friends I came to know through our Bible study group  


And I especially want to thank the 2 couples for being our leaders and giving us this opportunity to be a family.


One of the leaders, currently who is facing severe health challenges, even with her health challenges, she gives her time and love, serving us faithfully like Martha did. 


I am praising God that He gave us this family.


“What a friend we have in Jesus…”

No comments:

Post a Comment