Friday, June 19, 2026

 

I was thinking of something to share on Tuesday at our weekly meetings at work, and what God put in my heart is this; 

 

Matthew 11:28

"Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest."  Matthew 11:28

This verse gives me hope. 

We all carry heavy burdens in life. 

They may be related to work, family, personal struggles, health, or other responsibilities. Regardless of their source, burdens can feel overwhelming and difficult to bear.

The comforting truth in this verse is that God never intended for us to carry these burdens alone. He invites us to come to Him and promises to give us rest. Even though we know His promise, we often hold on to our worries and try to manage everything in our own strength.

I especially think about this in the workplace. There are times when the workload seems endless, and the expectations feel greater than what I can handle. In those moments, stress and anxiety can easily take over. Yet Jesus reminds me that I do not have to carry every responsibility by myself. I can do my part faithfully and then trust God with the outcome.

Letting go does not mean giving up; it means surrendering control to God and allowing Him to work according to His will. When I place my burdens in His hands, I find peace, strength, and the rest that He has promised. True rest comes not from having fewer responsibilities, but from trusting that God is carrying the weight with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Luke 20:27-39 What I see in this passage is that the people who could not understand Jesus' teaching questioned Him and doubted His wor...