Luke 19:1-10
I see the love of God in this passage.
Zacchaeus was a tax collector and a sinner. He was also short in stature. But when Jesus was passing by, Zacchaeus didn't rely on his wealth or position. Instead, he recognized his weakness. Because he was short, he climbed a tree just to catch a glimpse of Jesus.
Jesus saw him, reached out to him, and Zacchaeus received salvation.
In the previous passage, the blind man also recognized his weakness. He called out to Jesus, and Jesus restored his sight. He too received salvation.
What is the common theme?
Those who recognize their shortcomings and call out to Jesus with a broken heart can receive the gift of eternal salvation.
This reminds me of how I came to know Jesus and how I received salvation.
I was proud and had no idea of my sinful nature. But one unusual night, my heart suddenly realized how desperate I was and how much I wanted to know who Jesus was. At that moment, He revealed Himself to me. Today, I can truly say that I am a blessed child of God.
As I reflect on this passage, the words of this hymn come to my heart:
I need Thee every hour,
Most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine
Can peace afford.
I need Thee, oh, I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee.
Oh, bless me now, my Saviour;
I come to Thee.
No comments:
Post a Comment