Monday, July 13, 2026

 Most of my life, I managed to face challenges without letting them show on my face.

I remember that as a little child, I used to cry over every little thing. But after I got married and went through many heartbreaking situations, I learned to cope with everything without showing it on the outside,

: especially to my family. I didn't want my parents or my siblings to see that I wasn't happy.

When my children came into my life, I did the same. I carried most of my heartaches on my own.

Then I came to know Jesus. That's when I learned to pour out my heart's cry to Him. When I worship Him, I weep and cry because He is the only One who truly sees my heart's cry.

This coping mechanism eventually made me feel numb inside. I stopped crying, even in the face of tragedy. People used to wonder why I didn't cry over things that would normally bring others to tears. It was because I had become numb.

But lately, I find it hard to say anything without crying. I still try to appear okay in front of my children and grandchildren, but the truth is, I am not okay.

At work, I have found myself crying in front of people recently, and I hate when that happens.

This Scripture came to my mind:

“He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or


When I read this Scripture, I think about how crying, sorrow, and pain will all come to an end: but only when we see Jesus face to face.

Sometimes I wish He would give me a little bit of that comfort now. But I hesitate to ask if that promise is meant only for the end of our journey here on earth.

Then this old hymn comes to my mind:

Reach out and touch the Lord as He passes by;
You'll find He's not too busy to hear your heart's cry.
He is passing by this moment, your needs to supply;
Reach out and touch the Lord as He goes by.

As I reflect on those words, I am reminded that even while I wait for the day when every tear will be wiped away, He is still near. He sees my heart's cry, and He is not too busy to hear me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 Luke 20:27-39 What I see in this passage is that the people who could not understand Jesus' teaching questioned Him and doubted His wor...