Monday, May 4, 2026

 Luke 13:1-9

This passage talks about repentance.

From the time we come to know Jesus, our conscience becomes alive within us. The reason is that the Holy Spirit lives in us. When we do wrong things, we are aware of it.

Sometimes, pride gets in the way, and we refuse to admit our faults. But our life with Jesus requires constant reminders to humble ourselves and repent when we are wrong.

Today, even as I go about my tasks, my heart feels heavy. Something happened, and I took it really hard. People who saw me today asked, “Are you okay? You look sad. Are you not well?”

Yes, my heart is not well. I am struggling to understand whether I need to forgive, whether I need to repent, or whether I need to be more careful with my words. Pride may be getting in the way of my relationships. I am not completely sure. But I do know that I am not feeling well.

Lord, help me to understand.
Help me to examine my heart.

This old hymn comes to my mind:
Reach out and touch the Lord
As He passes by
You will find He is not too busy
To hear your heart’s cry
He is passing at this moment
Your needs to supply
Reach out and touch the Lord
As He goes by

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Luke 20:27-39 What I see in this passage is that the people who could not understand Jesus' teaching questioned Him and doubted His wor...