Sunday, May 10, 2026

 

Mother’s Day Reflections

Today, on Mother’s Day, I am reflecting on Luke 13:18–21 and asking myself how I can apply this passage to my life.

This scripture speaks about faith: 

faith in Jesus and trust in Him. Jesus compares faith to a mustard seed and to leaven. Though both begin small, they continue to grow and spread quietly over time.

I know God planted the seed of faith in my heart the day He spoke to me, and I know it is still gradually growing.

As I look at the different circumstances in my life today, especially on Mother’s Day, I wonder what God wants me to learn through them.

I have daughters, grandchildren, and a little great-granddaughter. I would love to see them all today, and when I do not, it hurts. But I am reminded that they are not only mine, they are God’s children. He loves them even more than I do. I am learning to trust Him with them, whether I see them or not. As I surrender them into God’s care, my faith continues to grow.

Today I am also thinking about parents who have lost their children. Mother’s Day can bring deep pain and sorrow. 

my two daughters have lost children: my grandchildren. One of my dear friends lost her daughter in a car accident, and today she is grieving deeply. Another friend has two children, but one no longer speaks to her. Through that child she has grandchildren she never gets to see. I know this causes her great pain.

These thoughts are heavy on my heart today.

Yet I believe the seed of faith God planted in me can bring hope to others. But I wonder how. I have words in my heart that I want to share, but I do not know if they will truly help.

So I sit quietly here in my living room, thinking and praying about all these things.

I feel Jesus gently speaking these words to my heart:

“Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.”   Matthew 11:28 (NLT)

Today I will pray and ask God to heal their hearts,  and mine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment