Sunday, June 28, 2026

 Luke 18:18-30


The rich young ruler was sincerely seeking God. He had followed most of God's commandments. He wanted to know what he should do to inherit the kingdom of God.


Then Jesus said, "You still lack one thing. Sell all that you have and give it to the poor."


This made him very sad because he couldn't give up his treasures. His heart was on his wealth.


I may not have wealth, but what am I lacking?


Like the rich young ruler, I am following God. I am striving to keep His commandments, but there is so much more that God is asking me to do.


The most important thing I see here is the heart.


Where is my heart?


Is Jesus the center of my heart?


If He truly is, then there should be no room for jealousy, anger, frustration, envy, unforgiveness, or any other negative attitudes.


Lord, I come to you, you said in verse 27, "What is impossible with man is possible with God."


So I lay all these negative attitudes at your feet. Help me to walk closer to You.


Just a closer walk with Thee,

Grant it, Jesus, is my plea;

Daily walking close to Thee,

Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Luke 20:27-39 What I see in this passage is that the people who could not understand Jesus' teaching questioned Him and doubted His wor...