Wednesday, July 8, 2026

 Luke 19:28-44


This morning, I am sitting here in my living room, reflecting on what I just read.


This passage takes place just before Jesus was crucified. There are many lessons to be learned from it, but these verses especially caught my attention:


Luke 19:29-31


When he drew near to Bethphage and Bethany, at the mount that is called Olivet, he sent two of the disciples, saying, “Go into the village in front of you, where on entering you will find a colt tied, on which no one has ever yet sat. Untie it and bring it here. If anyone asks you, ‘Why are you untying it?’ you shall say this: ‘The Lord has need of it.’”

The words that stood out to me were: “a colt... on which no one has ever sat.”

This colt seemed so ordinary and insignificant. No one would have looked at it and thought it was special. The world often values people and things based on what they can gain from them, but this colt had gone unnoticed.


Yet the Lord saw it.


He chose it.


He had a purpose for it.


Many times in my own life, especially among certain people I spend time with, I have felt much like that colt: ordinary, unnoticed, and insignificant.


These verses encouraged my heart.


I may not have as much to offer as others. I may feel overlooked or inadequate. But the Lord has called me to His side. He loves me, and He is inviting me to be set free from the things that keep me bound.


One of those things is the feeling of rejection. It has often held me back and shaped the way I see myself.


But as I surrender that burden to God, I believe He can use me for His kingdom: not because of what I have to offer, but because He has chosen me.

No comments:

Post a Comment